Our half-day, hands-on workshop on how to create a culture of feedback — given to managers and executives from Arkansas to New Zealand — comes back to Chicago on May 17.
Join us on May 17th at Basecamp HQ in Chicago — you’ll learn practical techniques for how to give, receive, ask for, and act on feedback well, alongside managers, executives, and CEOs from all over the country (if not the world!). We’re offering a limited number of early bird tickets for $100 off til April 13th 😊 Previous workshops have sold-out, just as a heads up… Look forward to seeing you there!
“How do you create a culture of feedback within your team?”
I’ve been on the hunt to answer that question for the past four years. After collecting data from over 15,000 employees in 25 countries, we finally have an answer — a playbook for how to create an open, honest workplace culture.
We shared this playbook at our very first workshop last March. Since then, I’ve given this workshop to managers, executives, and CEOs from Arkansas to New Zealand.
This May, I’m excited to bring the workshop back to Chicago.
During our half-day hands-on session, we’ll take you through:
- Why leaders are constantly the last to know things in their company
- The top leadership blindspots are and how you can avoid them
- How to uncover your own leadership blindspots
- How to get honest feedback, especially from your most introvertedemployees
- The best questions to be asking every single employee in your company
- How to hold an effective one-on-one with an employee
- How to receive feedback without getting defensive
- What to do with feedback you disagree with
- How to tell what feedback to act on
- What to do with feedback once you receive it
- How to break bad news to your team
- How to give employee feedback without damaging morale
- The components of building an open, honest company culture
…and more. It’s an intimate session, with a limited number of managers, executives and CEOs, led by me, Claire Lew, CEO of Know Your Company. No one else. We don’t hire anyone out to facilitate our workshops — we believe in sharing our expertise, experience, and data, ourselves firsthand.
You’ll walk away with techniques, best practices, and a toolset you can put into practice starting the next day.
But don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what a few managers who attended our previous workshops had to say about their experience…
“Managers! This workshop was one of the best things I’ve ever done for my professional development. You should sign up.” — Caro Griffin, Director of Operations at Skillcrush
“The workshop was valuable and fun. 100% worth every penny, including the trip out to Chicago.” — Sarah Park, Operations Advocate at MeetEdgar
“Claire did an incredible job — I feel super fortunate to have been able to attend.” — Samantha Lueders, Product Owner at University Tees