Join us August 31st and learn how to create a culture of feedback within your team.
How do you create a culture of feedback within your team?
I’ve been on the hunt to answer that question for the past four years. After collecting data from over 15,000 employees in 25 countries, we finally have an answer — a playbook for how to create an open, honest workplace culture.
We shared this playbook at our very first workshop in March. This August, we’re excited to share it again.
During our half-day hands-on session, we’ll take you through:
- Why leaders are constantly the last to know things in their company
- The top leadership blindspots are and how you can avoid them
- How to uncover your own leadership blindspots
- How to get honest feedback, especially from your most introverted employees
- The best questions to be asking every single employee in your company
- How to hold an effective one-on-one with an employee
- How to receive feedback without getting defensive
- What to do with feedback you disagree with
- How to tell what feedback to act on
- What to do with feedback once you receive it
- How to break bad news to your team
- How to give employee feedback without damaging morale
- The components of building an open, honest company culture
…and more. It’s an intimate session, with only 25 participants (all CEOs or managers), led by me, Claire Lew, CEO of Know Your Company. No one else. We don’t hire anyone out to facilitate our workshops – we believe in sharing our expertise, experience, and data, ourselves firsthand.
You’ll walk away with techniques, best practices, and a toolset you can put into practice starting the next day.
But don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what a few managers who attended the last “Don’t Be the Last to Know” Workshop had to say about their experience…
“Managers! This workshop was one of the best things I’ve ever done for my professional development. You should sign up.” — Caro Griffin, Director of Operations at Skillcrush
“The workshop was valuable and fun. 100% worth every penny, including the trip out to Chicago.” — Sarah Park, Operations Advocate at MeetEdgar
“Claire did an incredible job — I feel super fortunate to have been able to attend.” — Samantha Lueders, Product Owner at University Tees
Ready to not be the last to know in *your* company? 👉 Reserve your spot in the workshop here today.
Can’t make it on August 31st? Feel free to forward this over to a colleague or friend who you think would benefit from it ❤️ Thank you!