Onboard new hires and break the ice in your team with non-cheesy team-building questions and insights into their work preferences.
Try Tools free Questions? Let’s chat
First impressions matter. When we onboard a new team member, we want them to feel welcomed and understood — to have them a bit of who they are and how they like to best work. It can be hard to remember to do this as your team grows, and especially remotely. That’s exactly what our Icebreakers are for: We automatically ask 5–6 fun questions to help everyone get to know each other better, and 10–20 questions to help understand each person’s work preferences and work style.
How our Icebreakers work
Every time you hire someone new, they’ll get an Icebreaker that asks questions around two areas:
- Fun Facts: 5–6 light-hearted questions that helps everyone else get to know them. For example: “Where did you grow up?”
- Work Preferences: 10–20 insightful questions that reveal each person’s working style. For example: “How you prefer to receive feedback?”
The Icebreakers are sent via email, Slack, or Microsoft Teams — and everyone gets to see each others’ answers to it.
Build a shared team history, together
Everyone’s Icebreaker answers are all in one place, in Know Your Team. So as your team grows — regardless of where they’re located in the world — everyone who’s new will get to learn about each person in the team. You’re building a shared team history, together, as a result.
The KYT Icebreakers are a wonderful asynchronous way for our team to get to know each other better and it requires so little time and effort. Every time I get the answers, I know I’m going to have a little laugh or learn something new about a teammate!
Ready to give Icebreakers a try?
- Replace performance reviews with Performance Feedback
- Hold more effective 1:1s with our One-on-Ones Tool
- Streamline stand-up meetings with Heartbeat Check-ins
- Build rapport with Icebreakers, Shout-Outs, and Social Questions
- Integrations with Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Calender, and more
Icebreakers are just one of many features you have access to when you sign up for Know Your Team. See all the features in Know Your Team here, or learn more about the methodology behind each feature here.
Looking to level-up your own learning as a leader?
Master the fundamentals of leadership with our Manager Training.Learn more about Training →